We believe in the power of community and by surrounding ourselves with other aspiring business owners we are creating a better world.
If you haven´t found an answer to your question here, please feel free to get in touch. We are happy to help! Please, don´t worry if you feel like your question seems silly. We do not expect you to know things about this industry, and we will be very patient with addressing all your doubts.
I do not live in the U.S. or the U.K. Can I still hire you?Craig Morfett2021-09-15T08:46:26+00:00
YES! We work with people from all over the world. FACT! Even if you are on a tiny little island in the middle of an ocean we will work with you. We will arrange a Zoom, Skype, Facebook, Whatsapp, Viber, Telegram, Phone Call) meetings at a convenient time for you according to your time zone. If the project is big enough and requires a personal meeting we will fly out to you.
Our perspective on this is that the world is becoming smaller and it really doesn’t matter anymore where you (or we) are located. The goal of modern IT is to erase borders and we are on board with that.
P.S. If you do not speak English very well please let us know beforehand via a message or an email and we will supply a translator for the call. We want you to feel comfortable throughout the whole process of your website build.
I don’t know what kind of website I want. How can you build a website without any guidelines?Craig Morfett2019-10-07T14:45:17+00:00
If you have ever found yourself in a position when you know you need a website, but you don’t really know what is it exactly that you need, how it is going to work and how it is going to look?
For us it is not an issue! We have a lot of experience working WITHOUT A BRIEF. That means that you just need to tell us about your business, your goals and your future plans. We would also like to talk about your customers and the overall character of your brand. If you are a start- up we can even through some inspirational ideas at you. That is it. We then go back to our comfortable offices and design a draft for you. 99% of our customers love it from the first sight. The other 1% is asking for some changes, which is also not an issue at all.
If you are still reading this, you might wonder how we can work without a brief? We have spent quite a bit of time to create a unique team of professionals with different kinds of skills. We all work together to create the perfect product for you. We have people who are creative and can design pretty much anything. We have heavy coders, that help us stay realistic and think of the functionality and future amendments. We have designers who will guide us through the different color palettes and we have photographers that will tell us off if the picture was not laid out correctly, and so on…
Working without a brief is not an easy task, but it saves our clients time and hassle, so that they can concentrate on growing their business, while we create their online home for them.
Can I have an Eco Friendly Website?Craig Morfett2019-10-07T14:44:10+00:00
Humanity has finally realised that the way we do things need to be changed and improved in order to save the planet. We believe that as a web studio we need to do our part as well. So how can websites be sustainable?
On average viewing a web page generates about 20 mgs of CO2 per second on desktop computers. This number goes up to about 300 mgs per second when viewing a website with complex media files. Watching movies through a rich media web page for a couple of hours could generate around 1kg of greenhouse gases. That doesn’t sound like much, but with a billion page views here and there it begins to add up
Here is what we do to tackle the issue:
All our websites are mobile friendly and responsive. Viewing a website on mobile device leaves a smaller CO2 footprint.
We are in the process of swapping our servers to the ones that only use renewable energy
We make sure our websites work fast and users are able to find what they need to find as quickly as possible.
We do not have physical offices as we work with people all over the world. No need to use a car for travelling, no need for physical paperwork, etc.
Our coders and designers are working as one unit
Clever SEO is a part of being eco-friendly as, again, it takes less time for the user to find information that he/she is looking for.
How Important is the Design of my website?Craig Morfett2019-10-07T14:41:03+00:00
Visual design is not just an added value to the functionality of your website. Visual design is a part of the functionality. Clever design is not just about how things look, it is about how the user feels about it.
These days we are so used to cool looking things flashing at us, that we became more selective with what we choose to remember and pay attention to.
When we learn about YOUR customer and YOUR user we can then create a design that will capture the eye and resonate with the emotions of YOUR users.
Website design is not just a separate unit of your company. It is where all functional areas of a business meet and get translated into a language your user understands.
What is SSL Certificate and Does my website need one?Craig Morfett2019-10-07T14:39:54+00:00
An SSL Certificate is like a security gate to your business. When you purchase an SSL certificate, the research company checks the references and approves that your business is what you say it is. When that is approved you also get data encryption which means that when your customer puts any data into your website on his/hers computer it gets ‘scrambled” on its way to the server where your website is.Then, when it is there, it gets “descrambled”. That way no one can access your clients’ personal details on the way to the server.
If your website requires any type of personal information from the customer you definitely need to have an SSL certificate. If you don’t ask for any details it would still make sense to get it for 2 reasons:
Trust. Most browsers will warn the person landing on a website if it is secure or not. When someone sees a “Not secure” statement they instantly lose trust in the website. That is even before they decide to put any personal details in. It is purely psychological, but it is true.
It can have an effect on your Google ratings. Google prioritises websites with an SSL certificate and puts them higher up the ranks.
You can check if you have an SSL Certificate by looking at the beginning of your website address.
What is Web Hosting and Why do I need to pay for it?Craig Morfett2019-10-07T14:38:18+00:00
Website hosting is necessary for you to be able to have a website. It is as simple as if you want to build a house you need to purchase land for that house to sit on. Your website is stored on a server and when someone wants to access it they type in your URL and get redirected to that part of the server. The bigger your website, the more functions it has – the more space you need. Therefore, the cost of hosting increases.
We run the very latest servers to keep high speeds & our systems are always kept up-to-date. If there are any issues we deal with the technicians and having all the techy-geeky talks.
Hosting is something you have to pay for yearly. If you do not renew your hosting, your website will not have the “land” to sit on.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask. We completely understand that for people that are not in the IT business these concepts are unfamiliar and we are here to tell you all about it when you need it.
Does my website need updating?Craig Morfett2019-10-07T14:36:05+00:00
As a business owner, sometimes you are so busy with other things that it is hard to notice that your website isn’t up to date anymore. So here are 10 signs to keep an eye out for!
Flash animation alert. Most browsers do not support flash anymore so people will most likely not see it anyways. Even if they do see it, it is considered to be very annoying these days.
Your website loading time is too long. People are not used to waiting anymore. If they have to wait, they most likely will just leave the website and go somewhere else.
Mish-mash fonts and backgrounds. Old websites used to have smaller fonts, bright colors and backgrounds. This is not the case anymore. People prefer stylish and minimalistic designs. Pick a maximum of 2-3 fonts and colors for your whole website.
People can’t figure out what you do within the first 5 seconds after landing on your page.
The link with your email address automatically opens Outlook. It puts people off these days. Best to have a contact form that is linked to your email.
Your photos are outdated or used by many other websites. No comment here,\ as photos reflect on what you do. Even if they are just photos of you and your employees they can’t be 10 years old, even if back than you looked like a God/Goddess
It is not responsive and does not look good on most of the popular devices. When we launch a website we always check how it looks on mobile, Windows and Mac (P.S. we even remember the times, when we just started out. We did not have a Mac and were running around our neighbours’ houses to see if they had one)
No social media integration. Even if you do not update your Facebook and Instagram pages often (which you totally should), as a bare minimum you need to have a social media link button to your profile. Better if you have a live feed on there as well.
Broken pages are a “No No” in 2019! There is simply no excuse for it. People get frustrated if the page they want to click on comes up with an Error
High bounce rate means that people see your website in search, but leave it very quickly because they simply do not like it. You can check your bounce rate once you have signed into your Google Analytics account
You can read more here https://www.instagram.com/p/B1_p8H6lvmk/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Can I have a one page website?Craig Morfett2019-10-07T14:34:18+00:00
A one page website is your business card. This is a bare minimum requirement of a good online presence. Whether you are a computer geek or still figuring out how to use Facebook this is a MUST HAVE. We don’t just say it because this is what we get paid to do. We say it because not having a website can turn some potential customers away from you. One of the first things people do is checkout the website. These days if a business doesn’t have one, we naturally question ourselves, if we can trust this business.
So even if you are just starting out, think about at least a one page simple website. Is it enough for a successful business? You are not going to like this answer, because IT DEPENDS. Depends on many various factors, such as the complexity of your business model. If you are an online shop, probably one page is not enough, however, if you are a local cake maker, dance teacher, etc. this will be plenty to start with.
Now the important part of why you should hire someone to do this for you. If you only have one page to impress someone it has to be absolutely stunning. This is the priority of quality over quantity. The page has to be simple, yet modern and stylish, representing who you are, showing that your business has character. Whatever company you decide to go with, make sure that they understand you and your goals and are excited about it as much as you are.
How long does it take to build a website?Craig Morfett2019-10-07T14:32:47+00:00
This question is probably one of the most common ones because once you realise you need a website, you need it ASAP. We get that, and that is why we put all our efforts into providing you with the best product possible in the shortest amount of time. On average we can make your website go live in 3-4 weeks. – Read more button
However, there are several factors that need to be taken into account, like the nature of the website itself, its functionality, etc. The most important thing in creating a website quick is communication between us and the client. The more information you give us, the better we can do our job. We are easy to talk to via any means possible, so whether it is an official email or a conversation over a pint of beer – it all helps us in creating your perfect website.
How much does a website cost?Craig Morfett2019-10-07T14:28:51+00:00
The reason why we don’t have any set prices is because building a website is more like building a house, rather than going shopping at a supermarket. It is the same as you would not ask a builder “How much for a house?”. Because he just would not be able to answer that.
Before we give you a price we need to know a lot more details. We need to know your business, your customer profile, your goals and wishes. Then and only then, we can get an idea of what we are going to do for you and how much it is going to cost. ⠀⠀
That is why we prefer to have a meeting with you and discuss all the possible opportunities to find the best and unique solution for your business. ⠀⠀
So if you are in two minds and don’t know where to start, give us a call or send us a message and we will arrange a free consultation for you.
What are your Hosting fees & T&C’s?Craig Morfett2022-01-14T09:54:46+00:00
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
It is not necessary for any Client to have signed an acceptance of these terms and conditions for them to apply. If a Client accepts a quote, pays or has paid an invoice with Craig Morfett Design then the Client will be deemed to have satisfied themselves as to the terms applying and have accepted these terms and conditions in full.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Any purchase or use of our services implies that you have read and accepted our terms and conditions.
These terms can be amended or changed at any time, it is the client’s responsibility to keep themselves aware of the terms of service of Craig Morfett Design as they are displayed at all times, updated in the footer of our website https://craigmorfett.com/.
All hosting is paid from the originally scheduled start date until the end of the year & will be added to the total cost of the website build fee or billed separately, whichever is more convenient to the client.
Hosting Fees Per Year paid annually every January, where applicable & are subject to a yearly 3% increase due to inflation, prices are charged in GBP due to our 3rd party supplier, other currencies are updated to the exchange rate every 3 months.
Website Hosting inc FREE SSL £167.00
*prices for these services are provided by a 3rd party therefore can be subject to change & are + VAT where applicable.
Website Hosting inc FREE SSL $225.00
*prices for these services are provided by our sister company in the UK, they are converted from GBP and are subject to change.
Website Hosting inc FREE SSL €194.50
*prices for these services are provided by our sister company in the UK, they are converted from GBP and are subject to change + IVA where applicable.
Hosting must be paid in full in January, non or late payment will render services being restricted & withheld, a fee of £150 *minimum will be charged to reconnect services. (any data lost due to disconnection of services is not our responsibility, if a hosting bill is not paid within 45 days of the due date, or a website is cancelled, all assets become the property of Craig Morfett and we reserve the right to re-sell, destroy or operate, Domains – Hosting – Emails – Branding and Logos or Coding.. this list is an idea of the type of assets not an exhaustive list of inclusions. In the rare situation where we allow a client to pay a monthly fee for their assets the same 45 day rule applies as above.
An admin fee of £75 is charged per account to backup & transfer website files. £250 is charged to back up and transfer emails & contacts. Domain Transfer is free of charge (unless premium fees are applied)
Hosting paid in local currency and will be converted at the exchange rate from GBP.
At any point a client can request to receive their website as a zip file & transfer their domain to a receiving account, there is a small £75 charge to cover processing fees to do this per request, we do not backup emails as part of this process and there is no support included.
1. All estimates/quotes are based on our understanding of your requirements and as per given time frame. Any changes to the functionality including micro-improvements may incur additional costs accordingly. Please ensure and clarify our understanding in a face-to-face, phone or video call meeting.
2. By accepting a quote, you agree to and accept the terms and conditions of Craig Morfett. Acceptance can be verbal, by email, payment of initiation or signing a quote.
3. Charges for services to be provided by Craig Morfett are defined in the invoice that the Client receives via e-mail.
4. Clients to ensure that we have included all requirements in the quotes/proposals/estimates and that we fully understand their requirements.
5. Any complexity related to specific tasks, must be advised in advance and included in the proposal for costing purposes. We operate in good faith and rely on our clients to disclose the full picture at the time of quotation. Any discrepancy arising due to unclear requirements will not be borne by Craig Morfett.
6. Craig Morfett will make every effort to complete the project/changes in the given time frame. Reasonable delays are accepted if functionalities are redefined or modified.
7. Any delays at the client’s end, may delay the project and proposed timeframes and may incur additional costs.
8. Any bugs (programming errors) reported during the development DOES NOT attract additional charges.
9. Any re-work on an already completed task can attract additional charges. Any changes in the design after the design approval will incur additional charges.
10. Any modifications requested after the Go-Live approval will incur additional charges. All additional work, over and above the estimates is charged separately.
11. Website/application content and all related materials need to be provided to us prior to starting the project.
12. Our websites/applications are generally tested on PCs, tablets, and mobiles including near recent versions of the following browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome & Safari. If you require testing to be done on any other browser, please let us know in advance.
13. Responsive/multi-device compatible web pages are tested on iPhones and iPads. If you require testing to be done on any other device, please discuss it in advance.
14. If your website/application is not hosted on a Craig Morfett Design server, any additional hours that may be required due to any server or network-related issues are not covered in our quotes and may be charged separately.
15. Craig Morfett software codes (not including open source software) are copyrights of Craig Morfett. The codes can be handed over at an additional cost for use once all previous invoices are settled, on the condition that the codes are used only for use or modification
for re-use for further development for the specified client or subsequent owners of that legal entity. Under no circumstance, the codes will be allowed to be used for re-selling or duplication purposes.
16. Craig Morfett owns copyrights of all codes written for any client unless arrangements are made prior to the start of the project. Craig Morfett warrants a license to use any custom-built software for the client, for their use only.
17. The website or software application will be designed to be deployed on the web, via using a commercial-grade web server or a similar setup. Based on your website traffic, the website may not perform if deployed on a generic office network environment.
18. Due to the functionalities required, there will be 3rd party components such as Third-Party Payment Gateways (Paypal & Stripe) or SSL certificates involved in building a website/application. Although Craig Morfett does its best in recognizing the suitability of any such component, any unforeseen limitations of 3rd party components are beyond our control. Any third-party component purchase costs (such as SSL, Payment gateways, Plugin licenses etc) are not included in our quotes.
19. Craig Morfett takes no responsibility of any open source products or integrations such as WordPress, WooCommerce, Mailchimp etc. It is the client’s responsibility to update all components and third-party software. We suggest you take regular back-ups to avoid any disruptions and will actively help on this as part of a separate support agreement should you require it.
20. Craig Morfett offers packages in coordination with third-party providers. Changes to the third-party provider’s rules and policies may ultimately affect the services we provide or the terms and conditions herein.
21. The client must recognise that at times there may be unforeseen circumstances that will delay the development process, particularly with reference to the integration of third-party software. We will try our best to complete the project as agreed in the proposal. As long as it is within a reasonable period, the client agrees not to penalise us for any genuine delay, when every effort to keep the project on the proposed schedule is taken.
22. Domain registration/renewal etc charges are not included as a part of any project/proposal unless mentioned otherwise. If required, a quote for which will be submitted separately and approved by the client.
23. Hosting charges are not included in the quotations unless mentioned otherwise. Craig Morfett can organise an appropriate hosting solution if required, a quote for which will be submitted separately and approved by the client. Where clients decide to organise their own hosting, we should be consulted before finalising the type of hosting and database, as it should meet the requirements of the technology used for the development. Please note that we’ll require full access with hosting support for testing and deploying the application. Craig Morfett will not be liable for any delays or errors caused by direct or indirect actions of the hosting company.
24. Craig Morfett generally builds and tests the websites/applications on our own servers or hosted domains.
Craig Morfett cannot give access to their test servers and test websites to the clients or any third party. The website/application can be transferred off to a nominated 3rd party server upon full payment of all invoices and dues.
25. All communications/correspondences are generally done via emails. It is the client’s responsibility to keep us updated with their relevant email addresses.
26. Any imagery supplied by Craig Morfett is for placeholder purposes and unless stated otherwise in writing & may be subject to copyright.
26. Fair usage of our server space is expected, uploading high-resolution images & videos to your site may incur further hosting costs.
27. Website maintenance performed on 3rd party hosting is not covered by backups & therefore errors that occur during this process are not covered in the hourly rate, we recommend a backup fee of £100 to be paid to cover this eventuality.
28. Any assets or projects not paid for under 1 company account may lead to the suspension and ultimately cancellation of all services provided with additional re-activation charges & late payment fees.
29. Client agrees to reimburse Craig Morfett Design for any additional expenses necessary for the completion of the work. Examples would be the purchase of special fonts, stock photography etc.
30. All Craig Morfett Design services may be used for lawful purposes only. You agree to indemnify and hold Craig Morfett Design harmless from any claims resulting from your use of our service that damages you or any other party.
31. Any payments made under a payment plan are non-refundable and are an acceptance of satisfaction with the work carried out. No interest is charged however late payment may incur a late payment fee of 5%.
32. A link to Craig Morfett Design will appear in either small type or by a small graphic at the bottom of the Client’s website. If a graphic is used, it will be designed to fit in with the overall site design. The Client also agrees that the website developed for the Client may be presented in Craig Morfett Design’s portfolio.
33. Craig Morfett Design cannot accept responsibility for any alterations caused by a third party occurring to the Client’s pages once installed. Such alterations include, but are not limited to additions, modifications or deletions.
34. These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous representations, understandings or agreements. The Client’s signature, verbal or written consent to proceed or payment of an advance fee constitutes agreement to and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
35. Any payments made under a payment plan are non-refundable and are an acceptance of satisfaction with the work carried out.
36. Created by “Craig Morfett Design / CMD” is placed at the footer of all websites to generate enquiries, this is a very important jobs generator for us as a small design business, a fee of £500 can be paid to remove this.
37. Automatic Translation on websites can incur additional monthly costs, as we have no way to predict the levels of traffic your website will receive upon “go live” we cannot predict these costs in advance, most of our clients do not exceed the threshold of Google’s complimentary allowance, however, if you have high levels of traffic this may occur, to date our highest traffic site costs around 250-300 per month, please allow for this in your forecasting when using this service, the good news is that more money spent on translations the more visitors you have! If you have more than 1 language to translate then there is an additional (pro) package fee yearly of £100 – €110 – €125.
38. During the migration of any digital services, Craig Morfett Design cannot be held liable for the loss of data, service, or for unexpected downtime.
39. We will honour the invoice sent & paid for 12 months from inception, after 90 days we reserve the right to increase fees in line with inflation & business practices or cancel the web build project. (all costs will be lost)
40. Any estimates provided, whether verbal or written are valid for a maximum of 30 days.
41. Monthly maintenance plans are the purchase of “hours” of amendments & general updates, time purchased expires after 3 months rolling, hours are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash or physical products including hosting fees or any other services. No change or certificate for unused differences can be issued.
42. Mobile Responsivity is a readability process & not a separate design process, changes on mobile may be made due to the nature of size & aspect ratio on-screen.
43. All prices are on the assumption the website will then sit on our hosting at the prices listed on these terms. If you require hosting on your own environment this may incur additional costs as we cannot be familiar with every service provider, also once the website is transferred we are no longer responsible as servers are responsible for the majority of website maintenance & usability.
44. All marketing is ran on CMD systems and the logins or access is not shared with clients or 3rd parties, data, setup & tracking belongs to CMD and will not be transferred or shared with any 3rd parties.
45. On some web builds we use licenses from 3rd parties, if these need updating then we will inform our client and the update fee will be payable by that client, in the event that a client leaves Craig Morfett Design, licenses for themes & multi user plugins are not transferred with the build, they remain the property of Craig Morfett Design.
46. All subscriptions are subject to 30 days cancellation notice.
47. All content written by Craig Morfett Design is the property of Craig Morfett Design unless explicitly written otherwise, this includes Social Media, Websites, Email Campaigns (this is not an exhaustive list) the content we write can be re-sold or re-branded for multiple users.
Why Choose Us?
We can´t wait to work with you!
Get In Touch
We will get back to you shortly
We’re Waiting To Help You
Beer, coffee, lunch, dinner… a 5-minute chat, hours of discussion, a snappy email or fill out a contact form, contact us in any way your like. We can´t wait to hear about your ideas!